Friday, August 2, 2013

Chelan Man 2013

I have to take a moment to brag about Dal.  He and some buddies from Dental School decided to do an Olympic Triathlon this summer.  They decided on the Chelan Man located in gorgeous Chelan, WA.  For those who do not know it is a 1500 meter swim (1 mile), 24.8 mike bike, and then a 10k run (6.2 miles).  It is quite the feat.  
Pre-Race
 Everyone finished the race, although there were doubts at the beginning.  I hung out with two other wives at the event and their children.  I loved being there.  It was a hot summer day but being by the lake and being at the site was great. There is something about the race atmosphere that just makes you feel good.  I almost felt like I was about to race and was so jittery and excited all at once.  We would race from place to place to try and catch a glimpse of any of them in action.  I am so grateful that there was someone smart enough to realize that a camera was a good idea for this type of thing (thanks Ash).
7:30 am start, Swim.
 Dallin told me to plan on slow race times for him.  Yeah right.  He was so fast (except in transitions, I was dying at how long he took his time :) ).  He did the swim in little under 1/2 hour.  Then was a beast on the bike.  All the Dances are good runners so I thought he might be fast in this and boy was he.  He was a champ.  Which is pretty amazing seeing as he had an injured toe, hurt shoulder, and little time to train.  Regardless he kicked butt.  So glad I got to be there to get a sweaty hug from him as he crossed the finish line. 




Still smiling post race


No comments:

Post a Comment